Heroes to Heroes
Heroes to Heroes, a non-profit organization that provides a spiritual healing and peer support program for American veterans who suffer from moral injuries, PTSD, and brain injuries, felt their website does not reflect their values and may hinder veterans/donors from being a part of their organization.
client goals & solution
- To improve the existing website
- To make the donating process more efficient and easier
- To encourage more people to donate
- Need a separate area for veterans that explains the program and the process.
- For veterans to be able to apply online instead of having to download and mail in physical application forms
- To have two separate application forms- one for American veterans and one for Israeli veterans- since different information would be needed
- To include the media attention they have been getting
In a six-person team, I was the client point of contact and lead homepage and donor process designer.
Sketch, pen, paper
Here are some screenshots of what the current website looks like:
With the current design, as soon as you land on the homepage, the images changes too frequently and too fast. It can be a little distressing, especially if you are a veteran with a brain injury and that may not be a good thing. We also noticed that there were too many information and visually jam packed– it's overwhelming. All in all, there was too much going on.