From my interview sessions, I was able to find interesting behaviors/habits, themes, and trends. For instance, some of my interviewees had specific orders in which they used the apps/features, or when they would use the apps/features (eating in vs going out).
I created a persona to guide our user-centered design process from my research.
A few must have features:
- Eliminate cuisine types the user isn't interested in
- Eliminate the types of food the user isn't interested in
- Photos of the food and interiors
- Information of the restaurant, such as hours, location, and accessibility
This is a "happy path" userflow. Assuming that the user already joined Picky, this userflow follows the ideal steps the user will make to find a restaurant of their choice.
- Think about user onboarding
- Tips for first time users
- Design error
- More features, such as a map or incentives
- User feedback